Fire Department

 Richland Area Fire Department - Station 3
 US Route 33
 Shade, Ohio  45776 
 
E-mail address:  richlandfire@frontier.com
Friend us on Facebook
 
    The Richland Area Fire Department received its charter in 1954, after a fire in a home in 1952 killed a two year old girl at the South Y on Richland Avenue, know as Mechanicsburg.  The original station set on Richland Avenue where the overpass is now. Station 2 was purchased to make a quicker response to the eastern part of the area and it is located on East State Street.  When the new bypass came through in the 70’s, Station 1 was moved to Hooper Rd. In 2004, the idea was born to put Station 3 in Lodi Township.  This project began in 2007  and was finished, and occupancy achieved,  in 2010.
    Now 58 years later the Richland Area Fire Department has 3 Stations, 1 rescue truck, 3 first out pumpers, 2 tankers, 2 brush trucks, a first responder vehicle,  a boat, and a 6 man Polaris for fighting brush fires. There are 30 Firefighters, 3 First Responders, and 1 Junior Firefighter that make up the staff of the fire department. The fire department covers approximately 90 square rural miles:   2/3 of Athens Township outside of Athens City, ½ of Alexander Township, ½ of Canaan Township, and all of Lodi Township.
    The Richland Area Fire Department would like to thank the constituents of these Townships for their support in making this a success.
 
 
 
 
Comments